WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term 'Alexander Hire' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Riverside Barn, Watersplash Farm, Fordbridge Road, Sunbury On Thames, Middlesex, TW16 6AU. Our company registration number is 06477108 Registered in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
ALEXANDER HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- a) The contract is for the hire of equipment detailed on the contract. The parties to the contract are:
- i) the Hirer, as an individual or an organisation whose official representative will be the signatory of the contract.
- ii) Alexander Hire Limited (Registered No. 06477108) with registered office at Riverside Barn, Watersplash Farm, Fordbridge Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16 6AU. No changes or additions shall be effective. Any condition not enforced or deemed invalid will not affect other condition.
- b) All equipment hired remains the property of Alexander Hire Limited at all times.
- c) Where the Hirer is in breach or subject to insolvency or liquidation proceedings, Alexander Hire Limited may terminate the contract and collect equipment without affecting any right to recover monies owing or breach of contract damages.
- d) Payment of deposit to Alexander Hire Limited implies that you have accepted our Terms & conditions.
- e) Alexander Hire Limited does not warrant that functions contained in the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We shall have no liability for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential loss arising out of the use or inability to use this website including (without limitation) reliance on any information or content of the website or which results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files or emails, defects, viruses or delays in operation or transmission.
- a) The following table breaks down our hire period charges including Bank Holidays, as detailed on the hire contract.
up to 3 days
One day's hire
4 to 6 days
One and ½ times one day's hire
Twice one day's hire
Four times one day's hire
Five times one day's hire
Six times one day's hire
All charges quoted are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- b) Deliveries and collections are quoted for door-to-door service by a single driver. The Hirer should ensure that they or their representatives are at the delivery address to receive/return the goods. Failed delivery and collection attempts will be charged for.
- c) Deliveries and collections are quoted to “Ground Floor Only” (unless Alexander Hire Ltd has agreed otherwise). Where delivery entails our staff taking goods to specific rooms or having to reassemble equipment after use and extra time is involved, additional charges will be made.
- d) All outstanding payments, including VAT, will be paid on demand.
- e) A minimum £100 (£200 for BBQ equipment) refundable deposit payment will be required to secure and confirm your order.
- f) Deposits will be requested as security on equipment hired and will be used against any outstanding payments. The deposit less the replacement cost of breakages, losses or damage will be refunded back to the original source of the funds once all items are back in stock and checked in sound/clean condition. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost the hirer is liable for the balance.
- g) Any parking fines or other parking costs incurred due to inadequate provisions made by the organisers of the event for delivery and collections by Alexander Hire Limited will be re-charged to the Hirer.
- h) Any equipment unavailable for inspection or collection, after a reasonable time, will be deemed to be lost and a charge will be made to the Hirer equal to the current replacement value of the equipment. The Hirer agrees to pay for all equipment loss, repair, and cleaning (see clause i). Hire charges will continue until full payment is made.
- i) Equipment must be returned by the Hirer to Alexander Hire Limited in the same condition that Alexander Hire Limited supplied it to the Hirer. Any catering equipment, crockery, cutlery, or glassware items returned by the Hirer to Alexander Hire Limited in an unwashed state will be liable for a ‘return-dirty’ charge which is currently 30% of the hire value of these items.
- j) All cancellations must be confirmed in writing at least 14 days before the hire equipment is due to go out on hire. In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation charges will apply.
14 days or more prior to delivery – no charges payable by hirer (with exception of the non-refundable deposit payment)
Up to 10 days prior to delivery – 30% hire cost payable by Hirer (plus non-refundable deposit)
Up to 5 days prior to delivery – 50% hire cost payable by hirer (plus non-refundable deposit)
Up to 72 hours prior to delivery – full hire cost payable by Hirer (plus non-refundable deposit).
Responsibilities of The Hirer
- a) The Hirer shall sign and return the confirmation of hire no later than 7 days prior to the hire start date.
- b) Adequate delivery and collection access will be provided by the Hirer. Any loading, unloading, set up or break down assistance provided by Alexander Hire Limited, is at the Hirer’s risk.
- c) the Hirer will ensure that there is sufficient manual assistance on hand to assist with the moving, siting and removal of equipment, particularly in difficult locations
- d) Any damage or shortfall must be agreed, noted by both parties and signed off by both parties at delivery and collection.
- e) the Hirer accepts full responsibility for the security and safe use of the equipment on hire and will accept responsibility for the loss or damage of said equipment howsoever caused, until collection or return to Alexander Hire Limited.
- f) the Hirer undertakes not to interfere with or allow any other person to interfere with the mechanism or other parts of the equipment on hire without the express permission of the owner and shall indemnify the owner against any claims, loss or damage suffered by any party (including any third party) as a result or consequence of any interference.
- g) the Hirer shall return all crates and boxes supplied by Alexander Hire Limited. Failure to return these items will result in a charge for their full replacement value being made to the Hirer.
- h) the Hirer shall ensure all items are boxed/stacked and ready for collection from the GROUND FLOOR. Any additional waiting or porterage time will be charged for.
- i) the Hirer agrees to insure all equipment on a full replacement basis against loss and theft. All insurance claim proceeds to be paid to Alexander Hire Limited on demand.
- j) the Hirer must not attempt to assign the benefit of this agreement.
Responsibilities of Alexander Hire Limited
- a) Agreed hire rates will be maintained for the length of the contract.
- b) Appropriate instruction on the safe use and operation of the equipment will be provided by Alexander hire Limited. Alexander Hire Limited does not accept responsibility for any loss or injury caused using the company equipment.
- c) All powered equipment will undergo appropriate testing and inspection in accordance with relevant statutory requirements prior to commencement of hire.
- d) Whilst Alexander Hire Limited will make every endeavour to supply equipment as described on the website, all items are offered subject to availability. Circumstance may lead to alternative products being supplied, but they will conform to the same standards.
- e) If equipment cannot be supplied on the agreed date because of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, Alexander Hire Limited shall return all monies paid and not be liable to pay further compensation to the Hirer.
- f) The liability of Alexander Hire Limited for any claims made by the hirer will not exceed the contract charge and does not extend to any consequential or financial loss caused by late or non-delivery, unsuitability, breakdown, or lawful repossession.
We strongly recommend that the Hirer arranges suitable insurance. All equipment is the responsibility of the Hirer from acceptance until return or collection, including equipment left at third party premises. You should therefore make every effort to ensure the equipment is kept dry and retained in a secure place until this time. No insurance is provided by Alexander Hire Limited.
To the extent that either party to this Agreement shall be wholly or partially prevented from the performance of any obligation or duty placed on such party by reason of or through the following: strikes, stoppage of labour, riot, fire, flood, acts of war, insurrection, accident, order of any court, act of God, or specific cause reasonably beyond the party's control and not attributable to its neglect or nonfeasance. In such event, the time for the performance of such obligation or duty shall be suspended until such disability to perform is removed. Determination of force majeure shall rest solely with Alexander Hire Limited.
Personal Data Protection
The Company complies with GDPR and any data stored by us is held on the legitimate interest or contract basis as provided in the GDPR – and is only such data – typically name, email, phone number and address – necessary for us to contact you. If you object to us holding your data and would like us to delete it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Hire Limited will never disseminate its client file and will keep it confidential.
However Personal data may be forwarded to third parties tasked with order completion and payment as well as third-party companies when Alexander Hire Limited makes use of suppliers or subcontractors for contract execution.
ALEXANDER MARQUEES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Conditions of Marquee Hire for Alexander Marquees
- "THE COMPANY" Alexander Marquees, company number 07046927 Registered office: Middle Barn, Watersplash Farm, Fordbridge Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, BH23 6NW.
- "THE HIRER" the person, company or body hiring equipment from the Company.
- "THE EQUIPMENT" the items of equipment referred to within the Agreement together with rope, pegs and other ancillary items ordinarily used in the construction support and use of such items.
- "PERIOD OF HIRE" the period of time referred to in the Agreement.
- "HIRE CHARGE" the sum referred to in the Agreement, which is exclusive of VAT.
- "INTEREST" 5% per annum above the base rate for the time being of National Westminster Bank PLC.
- "THE SITE" Is the location at which the equipment is to be erected or used and which is referred to in the Agreement.
- "THE AGREEMENT" the schedule hereto or the document or documents together comprising the contract between the Company and the Hirer.
- Subject to any variation agreed in writing by the Company, the contract between the Company and the Hirer shall be on these terms and conditions (including the Agreement) to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms or conditions which the Hirer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document). Each order or acceptance of a quotation for equipment by the Hirer from the Company shall be deemed to be an offer by the Hirer to hire the equipment subject to these terms and conditions and shall be subject to acceptance by the Company. Any variation to these terms and conditions may only be agreed by or on behalf of the Company by a director of the Company and may only be agreed in writing.
- In the event of any inconsistency existing between quotation or any other documents forming part of the contract (including any schedules hereto) these conditions shall prevail.
- This contract shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Court.
- The Company will let and the Hirer will take on the hire of the equipment for the period of hire at the hire charges. The rights and obligations of the Hirer hereunder are personal to the Hire and shall not be capable of being assigned or transferred. The Hirer shall not sublet or part with possession of the equipment.
- Conditions of Hire
- The Hirer must ensure that it has all necessary planning and other legal approvals for the erection of the equipment being supplied by the Company and that all obstructions to the site are removed and that the Company its staff and agents have suitable and safe access to the site for the purposes of delivering and erecting or dismantling the equipment. The Company will take reasonable care in the provision of its services but accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused to any obstructing items to in or on the site that are not removed
- Unless notified in writing to the contrary before the date of contract, the Company shall be entitled to assume that: the site is served by a firm access road with adequate hard standing and is firm, level, free from flooding, trees and overhead obstruction. Level in this instance is defined as being free from undulations greater than 300mm. without buried pipes or concealed services which might suffer damage as a result of the transport erection use and dismantling of the equipment. In the event that such services are present the Company shall not be responsible for any damage to those underground services where the location of the underground services is not clearly signed.
- The Price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors
- In the event of the failure to notify the Company of any of the foregoing circumstances before the date of the contract, the Company shall at its discretion and without prejudice to clause 1.4 be entitled to re-determine the hire charge or impose additional charges to cover any reasonably anticipated additional costs or expenses or treat the contract as cancelled.
- Subject to compliance by the Hirer with its obligations under these terms and conditions and to clause 2.10, the Company will erect the equipment on or before commencement of the period of hire and the Hirer shall ensure that the Company shall have access to the site at all reasonable times for such purpose.
- Prior to the commencement of the period of hire the Hirer shall notify the Company of the precise position on the site for the erection of the said equipment. In the absence of such notification or in the event of a direction being given by any person having apparent authority in respect of the site (other than the Hirer) the Company shall be at liberty without being liable to the Hirer to erect the equipment in such position as the Company thinks fit or as directed. The Company will (subject to Clause 2.10) dismantle and remove the equipment from the site within a reasonable time following termination of the period of hire and the Hirer shall ensure that the Company shall have access to the site at all reasonable times for such purposes.
- The Company reserves the right to deliver equipment by several separate deliveries and any failure or delay in delivering any part of this will not entitle the Hirer to treat the contract as a whole as cancelled.
- If the Hirer refuses to accept, or fails to ensure adequate access to the site for, delivery of the equipment at the times notified by the Company for delivery, the Hirer will, in addition to the hire charge, be liable for all additional costs (for example the Company’s restocking storage and redelivery charges) incurred as a result of the refusal or failure.
- The Company reserves the right at any time to make changes to the specification of any equipment or services which are necessary to comply with any applicable safety or other legal requirements or guidelines, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the equipment or services.
- Prices for tables, chairs and other ancillary items are delivery only and do not include placement (not to be arranged by erecting staff). Prices for heaters and generators exclude fuel. Should the supply of waste heating fuel require the pumping of said fuel from its container then the Hirer must provide for the location an Environmental Agency number.
- Whilst the Company will endeavour to notify the Hirer of any delays, all dates and times quoted for performance of services or delivery of the equipment are approximate only and time of delivery and installation are not of the essence of the contract. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Company shall not be liable for any delay in delivery or installation for any reason beyond its reasonable control including without limitation:
- Force majeure
- Inclement weather
- Loss or damage by fire
- Civil commotion, strike or lockout affecting any of the trades employed by the Company.
- Accident or breakdown in transport
- Any other cause beyond the Company’s control.
- The Company shall insure the equipment against third party liability, but such insurance shall be without prejudice to the operation of clause 4 hereof.
- Payment Terms
- The Hirer shall pay to the Company a deposit of 30% on booking and the Hirer shall pay to the Company the balance of the hire charge (without deduction or set-off for any reason whatsoever): at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the period of hire...or prior to the commencement of the erection should this occur more than 14 days in advance of the hire period.
- Unless otherwise stated by the Company, all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
- In the event of there being any monies outstanding at any time after their due date from the Hirer to the Company then the Company shall be at liberty to charge interest on the balance for the time being outstanding as well as before and after any judgement. This provision is without prejudice to the Company’s rights to charge interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. Should the Hirer fail to pay any sum to the Company by its due date for payment, then any discounts or commissions will become null and void.
- Care of Hired Equipment
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the safety and security of the equipment from its arrival on site until its removal from site whether or not such period commences prior to or terminates after the period of hire. The Hirer shall make good to the Company all loss and/or damage to the equipment damaged as the result of any act or omission on the part of the Hirer or any failure on the part of the Hirer to fulfil the conditions of the contract. This clause shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding termination of the contract.
- If any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 metres of the Equipment.
- Not to enter the Equipment while it is being erected by the Company.
- To keep any part of the Equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure and in particular any door in place and fastened when not in use.
- The client shall be responsible for and indemnify the company against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
- The client must provide to the company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for the hired equipment at least seven days prior to the delivery date of equipment.
- Upon payment of the ‘Damage Waiver Fee’ referred to on the quotation then the above clauses 4.6 and 4.7 will not apply. Please note that the client will remain responsible for and will indemnify the company against any loss of or damage to all Hired equipment resulting from their negligence or legal liability.
- Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of the Company
- Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
- The Hirer shall notify the Company as soon as practicable of any defect or deterioration in the equipment. The Company will take all reasonable steps to remedy the same where this other than by reason of any act or omission or other fault of the Hirer. The notification must be made to the Company’s office as well as the foreman on site.
- The Hirer shall in particular ensure that all equipment is adequately heated when necessary so as to protect the same from frost, ice or snow damage and will not allow the collection or building up of snow on the equipment. Further and inconsequence of the fact that any structure erected by the Company is susceptible to damage in windy conditions the Hirer will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all openings are firmly closed when not in use and are open only for the purposes of access and egress from the structure.
- The Hirer shall take all such reasonable steps as are necessary to make sure that the equipment is not at any time altered or interfered with or has any unauthorised items attached to it and in particular that no unauthorised entrances are to be made in any tented enclosure and no walls, poles, ropes, anchors, wires or integral sections are to be moved, removed, altered or modified.
- Contract Termination
- The Hirer may cancel the contract by notice in writing to the Company not less than thirty days before the arrival of equipment on site, subject to payment to the Company at the time of the notice of a proportion of the total cost of hire depending on the length of notice of termination so given to the Company. The Company may apply the deposit towards the satisfaction of this payment obligation.
- The proportion payable shall be one half if the notice of termination is so given less than thirty days before the arrival of the equipment on site and one quarter if so given more than thirty days and less than sixty days before such start. If the notice of termination is so given more than sixty days before that arrival of equipment on site there shall be no hire charges payable and all deposits shall be returned.
- If the Hirer otherwise terminates the contract he shall be liable to pay to the Company the whole of the quoted hire charge. These provisions reflect a true estimation by the Company of the costs and expenses (including loss of profit) that it will suffer or incur as a result of such cancellation.
- Should the Hirer fail to pay any sum to the Company by its due date for payment then, without prejudice to any other rights of the Company, the Company may suspend or terminate the contract. In the event of any such late or non-payment at any time whilst the equipment or any part of it is in the possession or control of the Hirer then without prejudice to any other remedy available to the Company whether under the terms of the contract or otherwise the Company shall be entitled to dismantle, remove and take possession of the equipment. The Hirer hereby irrevocably authorises the Company to enter onto the site as its agent for such purpose.
- If the Hirer or any of them being an individual or partnership shall commit any act of bankruptcy or enter into a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or being a company shall go into liquidation enter into a composition with its creditors or suffer the appointment of a receiver or administrator or shall pass a resolution for its winding up or in the event of any late or non-payment by the Hirer of any sum sue under the contract or any other contract or arrangement between the Company and Hirer or in the event of any [not immaterial] breach by the Hirer of any other term (whether a condition warranty or some other term and whether express or implied) of this or any other contract between the Hirer and the Company, the Company shall be at liberty to terminate the period of hire forthwith without prejudice to clauses 5.2 & 5.3 above.
- All goods and equipment (other than consumables used by the Hirer in the course of the proper use of the hired equipment) shall remain the property of the Company at all times.
- In the case of any consumables supplied by the Company under the contract, such goods shall remain the property of the Company until paid for in full and all other sums due under this contract and any other contract or agreement between the Hirer and the Company are satisfied and the Hirer shall hold the same as bailee for the Company and ensure that they remain at all times identifiable as the property of the Company and shall return them immediately on demand by the Company The Company reserves the right to re possess any identifiable goods in respect of which payment is overdue and the Hirer hereby grants an irrevocable right and licence to the Company and its staff and agents to enter upon the site (and premises occupied by or under the control of the Hirer at which any such goods are stored) during normal business hours for such purpose.
- The provisions of clause 5.5 shall apply to limit or affect the right of a Hirer who is a consumer to receive good title to goods on delivery.
- Limitations of Company´s Liability
- The Company warrants that (subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions) it will provide all services under the contract with reasonable care and skill and that any goods will upon delivery conform to the contract and be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Service Act 1982 (each as amended).
- All other warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from the Company’s negligence, under section 2(3), Consumer Protection Act 1987,or for fraud.
- Subject to the provisions of clause 6.2 and as otherwise expressly set out in these terms and conditions, the Company shall have no liability to the Hirer for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of goodwill, loss of custom and loss of profit) to the Hirer arising out of or in connection with the provision of any goods or services pursuant to the contract. The entire liability of the Company under or in connection with the contract will not exceed the [total hire charges payable. The Hirer should inform the Company before making an order if additional cover is required as it may be possible to increase the level of cover affected upon payment by the Hirer of an appropriate supplement to cover any increase in costs and risk to the Company].